Contact your child(ren)’s teacher directly to set up a meeting time if you have not already signed up.
Thursday, October 11
- “100-minute reading challenge” begins – new prizes and incentives.
- “All for Books” campaign begins – collect donations for your classroom teacher’s library
- All students donating $1 or more will receive a NUT (Non-uniform today) pass.
- NEW – The class donating the most money in donations will earn a whole class “dress down” day, including the teacher?
Friday, October 19
- Teachers and students preview the book fair and make their wish lists.
- “100-minute reading challenge” ends – Turn in the completed reading log to the office.
- “All for Books” campaign ends
Monday, October 22
- Dress up Day – Calling all unicorns, fairies, dragons, wizards, gnomes, woodland creatures, etc.
- Book Fair opens 3:30-7:30 pm
- Ice Cream Social – 5:30-7:30 pm – Free Ice cream and toppings
- Activities for all ages
- Mr. Gromala will be dressed as a Gnome if the 20,000 minute reading challenge is met!
Tuesday, October 23
- NEW – A “Grand Event” – Lunch for grandparents and special guests of 3EC-5th grade students
- Book fair open to students during their lunch period (10:45-12:30)
- Book fair open during Parent Teacher Conferences (3:30-8:00 pm)
Thursday, October 25
- Book fair open during Parent Teacher Conferences (11:30-2:00)
A Note of Thanks….
- Thank you for supporting the Holy Family School Book Fair. Not only does this fundraiser add dozens of new books to the school and classroom libraries, but it helps the Home and School Association (HASA) to continue to fund school-wide activities throughout the school year.
Please consider attending our first-ever Packer Tailgate Party at the Green-Bay Distillery on Sunday, October 28, 2018 starting at 1:30 PM. This is an away game for the Packers playing the L.A. Rams in Los Angeles. You can pre-order your tickets by emailing email@example.com.
STEVEN GROMALA HIRED AS PRINCIPAL OF HOLY FAMILY SCHOOL
The Green Bay Area Catholic Education school system (GRACE) announces the hire of Steven Gromala to serve as principal of Holy Family School, beginning Aug. 6, 2018. Holy Family is one of the nine GRACE schools.
“Steven has extensive experience as a principal and school leader,” Kimberly Desotell, GRACE president, shared. “He brings a collaborative and energetic approach to education that will move the Holy Family community forward in an exciting direction.”
As principal, Gromala serves as the educational and administrative leader of the school. His first priority is to build relationships with the faculty, staff, families and parish partners, always with the student experience as the focus.
“As an educator, my goal in life has always been to ensure that every student learns at the highest level,” Gromala said. “I am excited to lead the Holy Family community and ensure every student reaches his or her full potential.”
Gromala has 15 years of experience as a principal, most recently at Hortonville Middle School. Additional principal experience has included Wrightstown Middle School, Manawa Middle School, and Ashland High School. He also served as assistant principal, program principal, and social studies teacher.
“I am excited about the educational philosophy Steven brings to Holy Family,” Desotell shared. “His result-focused approach to curriculum ensures all students are challenged and supported.”
Holy Family School serves families in the Green Bay community in partnership with seven parishes within the Diocese of Green Bay. Parish partners include St. Agnes Parish, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish, Nativity of Our Lord Parish, Annunciation Parish, St. Joseph Parish, St. Jude Parish, and St. Patrick Parish.
Gromala is currently pursuing a Superintendent/Doctoral degree from Marian University. He earned a Master of Arts in Educational Leadership from Marian College and a Bachelor of Arts in Education from the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. Gromala holds multiple principal and educational certifications. He and his family are parishioners at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Kaukauna.
We are pleased to welcome a Holy Family alumnus to our teaching ranks next year. Welcome, Katie Hayes!