- The final Design Day was on Wednesday, May 15! No original classes took place. The day was led by Mrs. Bartels, Mr. Matsen and Mr. Thill to ensure valuable design instruction.
- All grades worked in mixed groups learning about rocketry and connecting it to recycling products to give them a secondary purpose. The day ended with flying our plastic bottle rockets and creating Reduce, Reuse, Recycle PSA’s. Fun was had by not only the students, but the teachers as well!
During IB units, students will be graded on the 0-8 level scale. PowerSchool will reflect the percent earned, not overall points, matching with the overall average level descriptor the students fit for that criterion given the evidence they provided in their assessments. Criterion for Design, as well as the strands for each criterion students are assessed on, can be found in the link below.
- 1 Science Binder (1.5″-2″)
- Pens (various colors)
- Markers or Colored Pencils
- Notebook or loose leaf paper to stick in your binder
- Grid Paper
- Binder Dividers
- Pencil Case
- General Calculator (math calculators are fine)
Your child should already have these items, but here is a review of what’s in their binder. If old or torn, they may need newer materials. Sixth graders will be expected to have these materials for their first day of Design.
- School House Gift Cards
- Barnes and Noble Gift Cards
- Ziploc Bags (gallon, sandwich)