2nd Grade News
- Welcome! The 2nd Graders have been busy preparing for the Sacrament of Holy Eucharist. We are also focusing on Lent and our sacrifices we will offer to Jesus.
- We will be applying our measurement skills and begin our next service project making tie blankets for the children at St. Vincent’s Children Hospital.
- We are leading Mass this Thursday, February 22. This is our last led Mass. We hope you can join us!
- Reading: We are focusing on the reading strategies of making judgments and summarizing. We will be learning about the Chinese New Year while applying these skills and strategies.
- Practice addition and subtraction math flash cards each night.
- We are working on money and subtraction with 3-digit numbers We are also working on story problems.
- We pray the rosary each Friday
- Eucharistic Adoration first Friday of each month
- We are preparing our hearts for First Holy Eucharist and Lent.
- English/Writing: We are learning about contractions, nouns, and pronouns.
- Fundations: We are focusing on open syllables, two syllable words, prefixes, and suffixes. Watch for newsletters about the new unit in Fundations slot of folders.
- Social Studies: We are learning about the United States and our land-forms; continents; our history
- D.O.L.: We are currently working on List 10.
- Spirit Day each Friday
- Bring gym clothes to school every Tuesday and Thursday of each week.
- Please go over the assignment notebook with your child to see if their homework is complete. Also, the color of the smiley face from me will tell you how their day went. Ask your child how they did today!
- Please sign your child’s assignment notebook each night after they complete their homework.
Gift cards for School House
- Gift cards to Jandrins or Lighthouse
- Gift cards for Dollar Tree
- Monetary donations for enrichment supplies, books, teaching materials, etc.
- Chapter and picture books
- Modeling clay