2nd Grade News
- Welcome! The 2nd Graders have been busy learning about butterflies and looking forward to releasing our butterflies at Wildlife Sanctuary.
- We have Eucharistic Adoration every 4 Wednesday of each month. Join us if you can.
- We celebrate Mass every Thursday. We hope you can join us!
- Reading: We are focusing on the reading strategies of story structure. Please have students read from their book bags each night.
- Practice addition and subtraction math flash cards each night.
- We are working on counting strategies and story problems.
- We pray the rosary each Friday
- We are reviewing Baptism, Ten Commandments and then preparing our hearts for First Reconciliation.
- English/Writing: We are learning about homophones and antonyms
- Fundations: We are focusing on open syllables, closed syllables and glued sounds. Watch for newsletters about the new unit in Fundations slot of folders.
- Social Studies: We are learning about communities
- D.O.L.: We are currently working on List 4.
- Spirit Day each Friday
- Please go over the assignment notebook with your child to see if their homework is complete. Also, the number on their assignment notebook tells you how their day went. Check with your child the book mark sent home what the number means.
- Please sign your child’s assignment notebook each night after they complete their homework.
Gift cards for School House
- Gift cards to Jandrins or Lighthouse
- Gift cards for Dollar Tree
- Monetary donations for enrichment supplies, books, teaching materials, etc.
- Chapter and picture books
- Play dough
- Throw pillows