Welcome back! I hope everyone had an amazing and active summer! I am so excited for this school year and I hope you are too!
Physical Education at Holy Family is a very fun and exciting class! Students learn many different skills and activities that they can use for their entire life. My goal is to make the class both fun and educational so students are able to see the benefits of life long physical activity.
Current Unit being taught:
K-2: Striking with body parts
Gym Clothes: Please make sure your son/daughter has the correct gym class attire.
Students in grades 1st-3rd are expected to wear a t-shirt and shorts to gym class. They should also be wearing an athletic shoe that does not have a black bottom and these should be different than the shoes they wear to school. Early childhood and Kindergarten students should have non-marking tennis shoes on the day of Physical Education classes.
Students in grade 4-8 should also wear a non-marking athletic shoe. Students in grades 4-8 are also required to wear their P.E uniform to class.
Students will be given a daily score each time they come to class. There score will be determined by using the rubric (specific for their grade).
Students will also be assessed on different skills throughout the year.
Students in grades 6-8 will be given quizzes/tests throughout the year to gather their understanding of the concepts that are taught in class.
- Sportime gift cards or US Games gift cards to be able to purchase:
- poly spots
- floor scooters (enough for a class of 30)
- Omnikin ball/bladder
- iTunes gift cards
- Clip boards (enough for a class of 30)
- Dry erase markers (enough for a class of 30)
- Heart rate monitors (enough for a class of 30)
- Pedometers (enough for a class of 30)
- Hand weights (enough for a class of 30)
- Resistance bands (enough for a class of 30)
- Aerobic steps (enough for a class of 30)