Welcome back! I hope everyone had an amazing and active summer! I am so excited for this school year and I hope you are too!
Physical Education at Holy Family is a very fun and exciting class! Students learn many different skills and activities that they can use for their entire life. My goal is to make the class both fun and educational so students are able to see the benefits of life long physical activity.
Current Unit being taught:
Gym Clothes: Please make sure your son/daughter has the correct gym class attire.
Students in Kindergarten-5th grade are expected to bring and wear a separate pair of tennis shoes. Shoes should have laces (or Velcro for younger students), have good arch support and must be a non-marking shoe.
Students in 6th-8th grade are required to wear their Holy Family P.E uniform to class along with a pair of shoes that are separate from what they wear to school. Shoes should have laces, good arch support and must be non-marking.
Students will be given a daily score each time they come to class. There score will be determined by using the rubric (specific for their grade).
Students will also be assessed on different skills throughout the year.
Students in grades 6-8 will be given quizzes/tests throughout the year to gather their understanding of the concepts that are taught in class.
- Sportime, US Games or Amazon gift cards to be able to purchase:
- poly spots
- Omnikin ball/bladder
- Lead up equipment for various sports/units
- iTunes gift cards
- Clip boards (enough for a class of 30)
- Dry erase markers (enough for a class of 30)
- Heart rate monitors (enough for a class of 30)
- Pedometers (enough for a class of 30)
- Hand weights (enough for a class of 30)
- Resistance bands (enough for a class of 30)
- Aerobic steps (enough for a class of 30)